domenica 25 maggio 2008

The Body and Blood of Christ

Four are the purposes of the institution of the Eucharist:

To adore Jesus present in this sacrament,
To thank Him for all the gifts, especially for the institution of the Eucharist,
To satisfy and make reparation for all the forgetfulness, coldness, ingratitude towards and sacrileges against the Eucharist,
To pray that the Holy Mass, Communion, Visit to the most Holy Sacrament be held in great honour by all.

In the gospel, Jesus promised this Sacrament. "For my flesh is the real food; my blood is the real drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood lives in me and I in him. The living Father sent me, and because of Him I live also. In the same way whoever eats me will live because of me. This, then, is the bread that came down from heaven; it is not like the bread that your ancestors ate, but then later died. The one who eats this bread will live for ever."

Nessun commento:

I am identified with Christ: His affairs are mine; His intentions, mine; I speak His words; my doctrine is His; my life is that of Christ; I complete the works of Christ; or better, it is Christ that completes His works for me.

Preghiera

Signore, glorifica nella tua Chiesa il Beato Giacomo Alberione. Sia per noi tutti esempio e intercessore nel cammino della nostra santificazione e del nostro impegno apostolico. Apri le vie dell'evangelizzazione affinché la presenza di Gesù Maestro, Via e Verità e Vita, si irradi nel mondo per mezzo di Maria, Madre e Regina degli Apostoli. Concedimi le grazie che ora ti chiedo...
Padre nostro, Ave Maria, Gloria... O Gesù Maestro, Via e Verità e Vita, abbi pietà di noi.
Regina degli Apostoli, prega per noi.
San Paolo Apostolo, prega per noi.
Beato Giacomo Alberione, prega per noi.
Da ogni peccato, liberaci o Signore.